A high-end video conferencing system seems like an unattainable splurge to many companies. But in reality, the right video solution can dramatically improve communication, training and other expensive functions across your company, creating both cost-savings and better results.
Many of our customers choose LifeSize VideoCenter, touted as the world’s most powerful one-button solution for streaming, recording and auto-publishing. VideoCenter dramatically simplifies the process of recording and distributing video across the enterprise. Because it is simple to use, VideoCenter can be leveraged for a wide range of applications:
- All standard human resources communications can be recorded and made available online. For example, when new employees are hired, they might be directed to a welcome video. Basic training videos that cover corporate policies can be watched from any location. Plus, ongoing HR training for the entire organization can be posted to YouTube, where videos are listed as “private” and made available only to those inside the company.
- Internal training classes can be recorded, with the videos saved for future reference. If a team member missed a session, or was hired after the live training occurred, they can still receive the benefit of the classes by watching the recording at their leisure.
- Company press conferences, announcements and sales meetings can be recorded and distributed across the organization. That way, no matter where an employee’s office is physically located, he or she will still receive the same information as other colleagues.
- When the IT department implements new technologies, the entire organization can be stymied while employees wait for one-on-one training or technical assistance. But what if the IT department used their video conferencing system to record a couple of quick demonstration videos? By making these available across the company, training and support would be minimized.
Of course, all of these applications could be accomplished with a traditional video camera. But VideoCenter has major advantages over a point-and-shoot solution:
- It only takes one person to operate VideoCenter. In contrast, a traditional video camera needs someone operating the camera, in addition to the speaker being recorded. With VideoCenter, the entire session can be easily controlled via the speaker with a remote control.
- With VideoCenter, there is no downloading, uploading or editing required.
- Whether live or on-demand, videos are optimized for every viewer. Whether they are on a PC, laptop, tablet or phone, the viewing device automatically selects the best playback rate based on network conditions. That means no delays or buffering.
- VideoCenter can be set up to automatically publish certain videos, without any further user intervention.
Best of all, VideoCenter and other video conferencing solutions present information in a way that is easily accessed, digested and acted upon by today’s workforce. Video will become more and more common for training, communication, sales meetings, customer presentations and endless other applications. The trick is finding a solution both easy to operate and powerful enough to last.